Saturday, November 03, 2007

Deaf Character Author and Real Life Mom creates blog 'An American Mom in Tuscany: a Cochlear Implant Story'

In August, I interviewed Jodi Cutler Del Dottore, author of RALLY CAPS (2007) a book based on her family's life and her son Jordan who is deaf and wears a cochlear implant. Since then, Jodi has been busy compiling information and resources for other parents like her. Last month, she started a blog An American Mom in Tuscany: a Cochlear Implant Story: Jordan's journey in deafness with a cochlear implant - Tuscan-American Style. She has over a dozen posts already that include personal information about her family and inspirational stories about other families who share similar experiences. With all that blogging and being a mom, my only concern is when will she find time to write another book!?! It's always about the books for me;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon!!!
Am I allowed to comment on a blog that talks about me? Thank you so much for posting this, now if you could only give me an education about how to embed urls, images, etc. I could become a better blogger! The blog has been an incredible experience so far, because the parents themselves have been proudly sending me videos to post of their amazing kids! (I've been begging for the videos to get this going, but hopefully it will develop into a useful resource for parents of newly diagnosed children) Thanks again for your continued support! Blog on, Jodi

Anonymous said...

I've read this book and not only bought one for myself but had my library order it also. My kids wear implants and I couldn't find any aided characters in children's books. Now my kids can read about other deaf children who hear via implants. Cool stuff.
VB

Sharon Pajka,Ph.D. said...

Rally Caps is the only book that I have found that has a character with a cochlear implant.