Saturday, January 05, 2008

Upcoming New Avengers issue features artist David Mack and a major story line for Deaf Character, Echo

I start off most Saturday mornings the same way... I make coffee and then sit down to the computer to search for new publications with Deaf Characters and read literary journals. This morning was no different. After reading James Bucky Carter's "Transforming English with Graphic Novels: Moving toward our 'Optimus Prime'" in the English Journal, I decided to visit Marvel Comics' website to see what the next exciting issue of The New Avengers would hold. During my interview with David Mack in September, Mack alluded to a future for his creation Echo (the Deaf Character who originated in Marvel's Daredevil comics), "There is something else cooking with her that I am involved in but I have to wait and let Marvel announce that!"

That comment has certainly been in the back of my mind for months. Alas, the wait is over!... (sort of). Straight from Marvel Comics! The New Avengers Issue #39 will include a major story line for Echo (aka Maya Lopez). I quickly poured my coffee into a travel mug and headed for Velocity Comics... so excited that I missed the originial release date. It isn't out just yet. Look for this issue in stores in March 2008! But I did have a great chat with a guy in the comic book store and picked up a few comics... so the excursion wasn't a total loss.


COVER BY: DAVID MACK
WRITER: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
PENCILS: DAVID MACK

The Secret Invasion is here! Award-winning artist David Mack brings his amazing talent to NEW AVENGERS to illustrate a major story in the life of Echo! Have the Skrulls infiltrated the Avengers? Is Maya Lopez the only one with proof? Will she live to tell the tale? All this and a major Avengers hook up!

Visit http://www.marvel.com/ for details.

No comments: