Thursday, January 15, 2009

19 days until Myron Uhlberg's book release.... and his visit to Gallaudet!!!

Hands of My Father: A Hearing Boy, His Deaf Parents, and the Language of Love by Myron Uhlberg will be released on February 3, 2009. I have been mentioning this book for quite some time so I'm thrilled that Myron Uhlberg will be making his way to Gallaudet University for the release of his memoir. During the IRA Convention, I met and instantly adored Mr. Uhlberg. I laughed and cried during his presentation about the legacy of his parents, Sarah and Lou Uhlberg. It was an absolute honor to attend his presentation then as it is to call him "friend" now.
If you're like me and you just can't wait to read the book (luckily I received an advance copy months ago), check out his essay "Language Instincts" provided by Amazon.com.

"Language Instinct"
View SlideShare document or Upload your own.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't wait to read his book either. I was awarded an advance reader copy through librarything.com and am anxiously awaiting its arrival so that I can read and review it :-).

I would not have known about Ulberg's book and therefore trying (successfully) to snag a copy if it wasn't for first hearing about this book on your blog.