Thursday, July 01, 2010

My big fat crush on Josh Berk and his Deaf Character Will Halpin

I just finished reading The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Berk and I have to admit that it is one of my new FAVORITES! It is rare to have the Deaf Character as the main character and to also have the story told from his point of view. Even more impressive is that this is Berk’s first novel! Trust me, you're going to adore his character Will Halpin! The book is a little bit Hardy Boys... a little bit dark comedy.... and 100% snarky teen! I love, love, love it!

3 comments:

Mrs. Boone said...

I loved it too!

Korvack said...

I'm quite interested in this book and how it plays out because I wish to write a novel with deaf characters in it too

Sharon Pajka,Ph.D. said...

Korvack, keep me posted:)